LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why i got error labview cannot communicate with EMANT300NI VISA

Solved!
Go to solution

i got error when try to run my labview after connect with emant300 usb daq.the error i got are:

1)NI VISA driver is installed/LV needs NI-VISA to communicate with the serial comm port

2) Comm port conflict during emant300 driver installation

any advise how to solve this problem?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,743 Views)

Your message isn't clear.  For #1, you say NI-VISA is installed/LV needs VISA.  Did you mean to day NI-VISA is NOT installed?  If something is installed, and needs it, there should be no error.

For #2, what is the "emant300" driver?    Is it trying to use the com port at the same time as LV is?

Do you have any error codes or clear description of the error?  A screenshot?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,740 Views)

im sorry for the un clear error but i got it when try to run my labview.emant 300 is usb daq that i have and use together with labview program i have.there is another error which in the attachment that i have attach.thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,737 Views)

From that error message it sounds like some part of the VISA driver set is missing.

The EMANT uses a virtual serial port through USB.  It has been a while since I used one, but I think it uses the FTDI device.  You need the USB driver for that ( a .dll, I think) and the VISA serial functions.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,730 Views)

Thanks lynn.i tried to reinstall over again the emant300 but I don't know what wrong with it and I can't proper install the daq.do you have any suggestion where should I get the software to install the emant300 so I can use it. already email the vendors but they still not reply me.quite stress with this situation as I badly need to present my labview to my supervisor.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,724 Views)
Did you do the basic step of installing NI-VISA?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,718 Views)

may i know what do u mean by basic installing?can u explain to me because im not sure. i got this labview from my friend.he the one who install in my laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,715 Views)

You need the hardware driver for the serial port called NI-VISA. The error message clearly says you don't have it Download from here.

You should review all of the 'Learn to Use Instrument Drivers' links on the main Instrument Driver Network page.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,712 Views)

Dennis said it clearly.  You need to have at least three different software components installed on your computer: LabVIEW, NI VISA, and the EMANT software.  Do you have all of these?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,691 Views)

i ahve that 3 thing and i already install the visa that denis give me the link but i still got error when run the labview.and the error as in attachment.help me sort it out please.

many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,688 Views)