LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do i get \09 at the end of data file in write to measurement file with time-stamps

Solved!
Go to solution

hello everyone, i was checking this knowledge article...

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3659 

and

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/68806B93A21355E98625726F0064822B

and i observed that i get \09 at the end of the data file,, did anyone else observe this? is there a turn-around for this?

Thanks in advance

Now on LabVIEW 10.0 on Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,709 Views)

\09 is the ASCII character for a Tab.  You are getting it because in both of those links, the program is concatenating a Tab constant to the timestamp string.  The VI in your first link even says that in the comments that are on the block diagram.

What is the point of putting a tab character at the end of the timestamp string?  I have no idea.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,694 Views)

oh, ok... so, do you think there is a turn around for this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,684 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_Enthu

Of course.

Delete the tab constant and the concatenate string function.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,679 Views)

ok, if i do that, in the data file, i have the comment (in this case the date/time string) and the data from DAQmx AI(last input) share the same column... 😮 i think i am simply dumb

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,672 Views)

The first link you posted doesn't show it like that.  It shows the time stamp and a \09 in its own column separate from the voltage.

I ran the snippet and see it the same way.  The tab gets converted to the characters \09 after the timestamp.  And there is definitely a tab between the analog value on the first line of data and the timestamp.

However, this is all on LabVIEW 2010.  I don't have LV8 installed anymore.  It's possible there may have been some sort of bug that has since been fixed.  If anyone reading this message thread that still has LV8 can try it out, maybe they can confirm or deny there is a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,665 Views)

Raven's Fan.. i got it figured out, i dunno what different i did, but it worked in LV 10. 🙂 thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,661 Views)