From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which sensors are compatible with Labview?

ABCPrograms

does the sensors in EVERLIGHT run wirelessly and are they copatible with LabVIEW ??

I don't think so, but you can use any sensor which has an analog output.  Try to google "colour sensor wireless"

Pick the one you like.  As long as it has an analog output, it will work in LabVIEW for sure 😉

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(814 Views)

what do you mean by analog output  in sensing ??

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(809 Views)

The sensor gives an output from 0-20mA or 0-24V.  A signal is an analog output

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
Message 13 of 18
(807 Views)

OK

but just I need the sensor to distingwish between 2 colors ..

I would not like to go to the deep and deal with frequencies and voltages ..

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(803 Views)

It's really hard for us to tell which sensor you should use, cause it doesn't have anything to do with LabVIEW in general.  The only thing we can do is help you with the interfacing to LabVIEW.  Unfortunatly you will go have to look on the net which sensors are available.

If you only want to see if a colour is there another possibility could be this.  This one doesn't output a analog signal, but a digital signal (TRUE/FALSE)

Cruise through the website of "sick.com".  They have the widest variaty in sensor techniques.

Good luck with your project

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(793 Views)

I apologize to you for any inconvenience..

and I would like to thank you very much ..

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(787 Views)

No problem,  anytime. 😉

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(785 Views)

There is something with your description which does not make sense...

Why do you need a color sensor for your simulation?  Obviously, it is not water that turns red when above a threshold and then blue again once it is below that threshold.. 

Are you using a sensor to monitor the changes on a computer screen?  If so, then that might be tricky because other colors and ambient light will influence the signal.  A color sensor will give you frequency and intensity.  Now, if there are multiple colors detected by the sensor, it may give unexpected results...

Before going into too many details, what is it that you are trying to accomplish with your project?  Are you building anything physical?  If it is all software, then why not read the value of the color?  How do you want this simulation to represent a "real world" system?

Clearly, there is something missing from your description..  You may indeed be trying to implement a Rube Goldberg machine.  In any language, it is good to have clearly defined objectives and to try to simplify the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(733 Views)