LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which pid is suitable for temperature simulation

Hi

Which PID VI is suitable for climatic control of a home.

This is just simulation.

There could be knobs for ideal temp, low setpoint, High set point,

P, I & D

Any ideas or examples?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,954 Views)
 I guess no one in this forum are willing to do the homework for you. At least should give a much better description of your problem. Tell us exactly what you have done so far, where you struggle and why. Now it seams more likely that you are fishing for an easy way out for your homework. There is a lot of knowledge in is forum. But in order to get help you have to put in some effort your self. But do not be afraid to ask any question if you have some problem with like say some code segments. Or need a push in the right direction with some theory.
Message Edited by Coq rouge on 05-30-2009 11:31 AM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,945 Views)

I was amazed to find that many PID controllers but none specifically for temp control. If it is there but in hiding then I'm keen to find it. If theres nothing like it I 'm keen to find a solution.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,930 Views)

I would like to add a PID to a temp controller but dont know which one or how to start it .

Heres what I started.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,926 Views)

Take a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

As you will read here PID controller is a generic designation. Your first step will be to implement a PID controller in Labview. Then you are done you tune it to your application. If you buy a stand alone PID it is the same thing. Then you get it it just a useless thing. It is first then it is tuned for a specific application it will do any good.

Message Edited by Coq rouge on 05-30-2009 02:45 PM

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,922 Views)

I did take a look at this previously as well as the NI site on pid.

I m  now looking for a Vi in the library that can be used.

I 've been lookin for a controller that has inputs such as P, I & D or gains but could not find something suitable.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,919 Views)

http://ducati.doc.ntu.ac.uk/uksim/uksim'04/Papers/Mohammad%20Alia-%2004-11/paper%2004-11%20CR.pdf

It is not so hard as see here

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,905 Views)

Thanks

So, theres no library function or Vi as such, it must be built from components of the library & the equation.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,898 Views)
It is a PID toolkit sold as an add on from NI

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,895 Views)
Is That hardware or is that only software
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,887 Views)