From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which ip address to use for data dasboard

I have two queries. 

1) What IP address of the server do I provide while connecting a shared variable to the data dashboard of the remote hand-held device (tablet)? Public or private? Do I need a secure internet connection in the tablet to connect the shared variable from server?

2) My program is a sequential state machine such that only if some steps are followed in the current page, the program proceeds to the next page. How can I make my data dashboard perform in a similar way such that I can run the program in a similar fashion as in the main program ie sequentially. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,222 Views)

@shreya005 wrote:

I have two queries. 

1) What IP address of the server do I provide while connecting a shared variable to the data dashboard of the remote hand-held device (tablet)? Public or private? Do I need a secure internet connection in the tablet to connect the shared variable from server?

2) My program is a sequential state machine such that only if some steps are followed in the current page, the program proceeds to the next page. How can I make my data dashboard perform in a similar way such that I can run the program in a similar fashion as in the main program ie sequentially. 

Are you expecting us to help you with your job every step of the way?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,202 Views)

Apologies! Newbie here! But I can't connect to the server from dashboard on tablet. There are several ip addresses when I type ipconfig on the command prompt window and none seem to be working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,183 Views)