LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to report a labview bug?

the VI metrics (data size, code size, bd side) are no longer working while the vi is running since labview 7.0. The only way to view these information is through the VI Profile from the advanced menu. This is a good tool but lacks some features I need.

here are some details regarding this bug.

Anyone know how to submit a bug to NI?

thanks,

-Joe
Message 1 of 11
(4,601 Views)
Hi Joe!

To report a bug or to provide a product suggestion to NI, please refer to the two links listed under Product Feedback on the webpage linked below.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nicc.call_me?p_action=country&p_lang_id=US

Thanks a bunch, Joe!

Travis H.
National Instruments
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,568 Views)

Hi

I am sorry but the reporting bugs in NI is horrible.

NI should make it click-easy to report a bug, but instead they are asking people to waste time to search for a way to report a bug.

How about a link: "Report a bug" on the main web site. It would give you much better feedback.

Message 3 of 11
(4,300 Views)

If you post cod ethat demoes this bug we can confirm it for you and it will get logged if confirmed.

If you have a valid support contract you can just call and pass the demo to the App Engineer at NI and if they confirm it will get logged.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,275 Views)

Thanks

I have posted it here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/chebyshev-window-does-not-seem-to-be-correct/td-p/1172975

and tried to report to Ni, but it is just too difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,265 Views)

I like many others sporting yellow-gold-red icons are volunteers that just like to help our fellow coders.

Please post your example in THIS forum so save us having to go somewhere else.

Also make it crystal clear what you think the bug is. Again we are volunteers and we have real jobs we work when not helping out.

Yes I know it a pain in the Arse but you should have seen what it was like in the old days!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,257 Views)

What is so difficult about picking up a phone and calling tech support.  I know there is a little more than that.  The steps are:

Go to NI website.

Click on the Contact NI link at the top right.

Click on the Request Support link.

Follow all the steps to get a support ticket number (yes there are a lot of blanks to fill out)

Call the tech support number

A lot of steps, takes time, but it isn't difficult.  You are looking for a shortcut way to do it.  I agree that there should be a faster way to do it.  But can you imagine if NI put a bug report link on their website, how many false bugs would be reported by people who are not that familiar with Labview?  That is why it is best to post the bug here, let knowledgable people confirm that it is a bug, and then it is reported.  If you don't want to post here, go through the process and call tech support so that they can verify it as a valid bug.  The R&D dept is probably much to busy to handle crank bug reports.  That is why NI makes you go through a validation process (tech support or this forum) before a bug report is made.

I hope you can understand NI's position and be willing to work with the system.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,256 Views)

Reporting a bug is still difficult.

The service request manager tells me I can report a bug in the forum (here), call NI or send an email to NI (printscreen is here). But:

• phone: Doing a phone call to the support can  be complicated and error prone. Follow my problems here.
  • email:  How it worked on my next bug report by email is documented in the idea linked below.
  • forum:  As seen here this is not seen as a good idea. Only for discussing about.

So please vote for this idea:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/HABF-A-New-Platform-for-Issue-Tracking-in-LabVIEW-IDE/...

I hope NI understands my position and is willing to meet half-way.

(I know that this thread is old. But I found it in the top search results while trying to find out if reporting a LabVIEW bug has changed.)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,072 Views)

Your post is buggy. The 'printscreen is here' link returns an error and the other link you have takes you to the CVI board.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,069 Views)
Sorry denys. 2nd try, same text with working links:

Reporting a bug is still difficult.

The service request manager tells me I can report a bug in the forum (here), call NI or send an email to NI (printscreen is here). But:

• phone: Doing a phone call to the support can  be complicated and error prone. Follow my problems here.
  • email:  How it worked on my next bug report by email is documented in the idea linked below.
  • forum:  As seen here this is not seen as a good idea. Only for discussing about.

So please vote for this idea:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/HABF-A-New-Platform-for-Issue-Tracking-in-LabVIEW-IDE/...

I hope NI understands my position and is willing to meet half-way.

(Sorry, I seem to fail to  copy and paste. And I just found out that I can test a link in the preview when I rightclick and select to open in another tab or window. Just clicking does not work. )

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,046 Views)