LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I find the examples shown in the BERT Demonstration?

In the BERT demonstration

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3716

two example for BER tests are used.

Are those examples available for use and where they can be found?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,735 Views)

Didn't got anything from the link you provided. But see this link and see if it helps you.

Thanks,

Mathan

Message 2 of 10
(3,715 Views)
Hey schmiddy,

It looks like NI has not published the VI's used in that demonstration. I was able to find a similiar example that used HSDIO hardware compare at the link below.

niHSDIO Error Rate Test with Error Injection
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/419

I hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.
Regards,

Chris Delvizis
National Instruments
Message 3 of 10
(3,695 Views)

I am familiar with the " niHSDIO Error Rate Test with Error Injection" example.

I am looking for a more standard BER tester example that uses a PN series and does not require synchronization between input and output.

I am aware of a BER vi in the modulation tool kit (which I don't have). But  since I am working only with digital signals, I need it working with my HSDIO module

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,672 Views)
schmiddy,

It doesn't look like we have a standard BER tester example published. You may have to modify the niHSDIO Error Rate Test example yourself to get what you want. I will try to see if I can find out who made the VI's in that video and see if we can publish them in the meantime.
Regards,

Chris Delvizis
National Instruments
Message 5 of 10
(3,659 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,632 Views)

Hi Schmiddy,

The BERT example was recently added into the latest version of the NI-HSDIO driver as an example file.  You can download the latest version of the NI-HSDIO driver from here. Once you install the latest driver, the example files will be installed with that as well.  Open the NI Example Finder in your LabVIEW environment and Browse to Hardware Input and Output >> Modular Instruments >> NI-HSDIO >> Measurements >> Error Rate Test.vi.

This VI is very similar to the one used in the webcast.  As Chris said, you can modify that VI to add the other features that you saw in the webcast.  However, we will also post a slightly modified version of that on here soon (if you have not already implemented it).

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Message Edited by Raajit L on 09-17-2008 09:44 AM
Raajit L
National Instruments
Message 7 of 10
(3,541 Views)

Hello all, I also want those two vi used in demonstration for bit error rate testing...

or any other with similar functionalities if possible.

Please help me if possible.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,780 Views)

Hi Jirav!

I'm not sure if the specific VI used in that video is available online, but I did find a similar example at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7938.  If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you should find a link to the VI.

Have a great Wednesday!

Michael B.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,765 Views)

Hey Michael B.

Thanks for your help

appriciated.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,754 Views)