LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I find docs on all the property nodes

Are all the property nodes for things like waveform charts and graphs documented somewhere. I have looked throught all the .pdf files that came with LV ( at least I think I have ) and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

If someone could point me to where all these are documented I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,380 Views)
In LabVIEW 6, the only documentation that I know of is in the help file. Go to Contents>Networking in LabVIEW>Properties and Methods>Control Properties and Methods.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,380 Views)
Thanks for the response Dennis

You mean to say that the, literally, hundreds of property nodes that define a waveform chart, for example, are not documented somewhere? Because I can't find much in the online help for what I'm looking for.

This would seem a glaring oversight on NI's part

Thanks again, appreciate your assistance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,380 Views)
What exactly are you looking for?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,380 Views)
well nothing specific at the moment. THe question was prompted after i spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to start a graph at the current time and have the x-axis show only from the start time to the current time.

I finally figured it out by poking around the property nodes with a lot of guessing and trial and error. Thats when I started looking for documentation on all the properties and couldn't find it.

Thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,380 Views)
The LabVIEW Help describes every VI Server property and method. The easiest way to find the help for a specific property and method is to select the property or method in the Property or Invoke Node, right-click the node, and select Help for xxx from the shortcut menu, where xxx is the name of the property or method.

In LabVIEW 6.0, you can browse the property and method help by selecting Help>Contents and Index, clicking the Contents tab, and navigating to Networking in LabVIEW>Properties and Methods.

In LabVIEW 6.1, select Help>VI, Function, & How-To Help, click the Contents tab, and navigate to Programmatically Controlling VIs>VI Server Properties and Methods.
Kelly H
LabVIEW Documentation
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,380 Views)