LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when i change a computer to excute my program,the problem appears again

I have met a problem a month ago that the print progaram print black papers .Darren tell me to update my labview 6.i to 6.0.2.I did so.This problem dispeared.
But when i moved my program to another computer to excute several days ago, the same problem that is same as that i met a month ago apeared.I have update all the labview 6.i to 6.0.2 on all the computers.
I have make a lot of expriments in many computers but only the computer which i first updated the labview 6.i to 6.0.2 did not have the apearence.The effect got after my program excute is expected.
I can not understand it . I hope experts to help me.
Darren can you tell me what i should do?
Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,642 Views)
If you are trying to run the LV executable application on other computers, you should upgrade the LV RunTime Engine too.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,642 Views)
thank you ,but it is not very clear,i have some questions.I have not upgraded the LV RunTime Engine that was installed the computer on which my application is right.
Thanks for your patients.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,642 Views)
Hello,

It sounds to me as if the LabVIEW Run-time Engine being used on those other computers is not the 6.0.2 version. Whenever you updated to 6.0.2, did you update the runtime engine as well? To check this, go to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\6.0 and right-click on the "lvrt.dll" file in this folder, and click on the "Version" tab...it should say 6.0.2 as the version. Do this on any computer that will be running your executable. If it does not say 6.0.2, you need to update the LabVIEW run-time version on that computer...you can download the 6.0.2 run-time engine from our website.

I hope this suggestion helps you out...good luck, and have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,
Darren N.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,642 Views)
dear Darren N:
Thanks for your answer.
But i have updated all the RunTime Engines to 6.0.2,and the version of the lvrt.dlls is 6.0.2.What I should do? Can you tell me.
Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,642 Views)
This is very strange behavior. Is there any way you could send me a small example VI that demonstrates the problem, so I can build it into an EXE and try it here? As of now, the only other suggestion I can think of is to make sure you are running the latest version of your printer driver.

Thanks for your patience on this...I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it. Have a nice day.

Darren N.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,642 Views)
I think i need your Email address,so i can email you my small example.Do you think so?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,642 Views)
You can simply post a response to your question that contains an example VI as the attachment.

Darren N.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,642 Views)
This is a example i made.And i found it ran properly in windows me and windows 2000,but did not in windows 98 .
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,642 Views)
Well, I don't really know what to tell you at this point. I ran your VI on my computer and the printout looked fine. I then built your VI into an EXE and ran it on my computer, and the printout again, looked fine. I am running LabVIEW 6.0.2 and Windows 98. Now according to your latest post, you are now able to get the executable to run on all your computers except those running Windows 98. I would imagine that something is not right on those computers, whether it is the Runtime Engine installation or your printer driver on those computers. You can troubleshoot these possibilities by uninstalling/re-installing the 6.0.2 runtime engine on those computers...you can also try upgrading your printer driver. Another thing you can do is visit windowsupdate.microso
ft.com to check if there are any critical system updates that your computer needs.

Finally, you can resort to installing LabVIEW on those computers (for testing purposes only) to see if the report properly prints in the VI environment...you could then build the VI into an EXE and see if it performs similarly. If the VI looks fine, but the EXE prints bad, you can be certain that the problem lies in either your printer driver or a faulty installation of the runtime engine.

I think you have pretty much exhausted my troubleshooting suggestions. I hope you are able to determine the cause of your bad printouts. Good luck, and have a nice day.

Darren N.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,642 Views)