LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would cause the probe tool to not be able to set a probe. in a new vi, i can.

i am trying to use the probe tool on a vi, and when i click on a wire (that blinks, showing it is selected), no probe box comes up. a new, simple vi does work though. this is an NT4.0 machine.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,263 Views)
I'll bet the lightbulb for execution highlighting isn't visable either is it? The problem is that someone turned off debugging for the VI in question. Debugging code does cost a little time so people who typically run their applications in the development system will sometimes turn off debugging. (Building a standalone application forces debugging off automatically).

To be able to probe your routine, right click on the vi's icon in the title bar and select "VI Properties..." and go to the "Execution" catagory and make sure the box labled "Allow Debugging" is checked.

This should put things right...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 3
(2,263 Views)
You hit the nail on the head! Thank you very much. I turned that check box off inadvertantly, not realizing what it would do. The stepping light bulb was the tip off as you suggested. Again, thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,263 Views)