From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the better position to record video before analyze with labview and vision??

i wish to record a video and analyze it with labview and vision. The purpose of analyzing is to learn the edge detection. What is the better position to record the video so can reduce the error occurs during analyze. I wish to get the video of the motion of the cars on the road. Is that recording the video look from flyover better or beside the road is better?? thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,092 Views)
Thanks for posting on the NI forums!  I think that images from above would be far easier to deal with, because you can set your ROI to be one lane, and watch for cars one at a time.  If you filmed from the side of the road, you could get two cars passing at once, or cars passing in opposite directions.  There would be a lot more interference filming from the side, and it would require a far more advanced algorithm to get data from the images.  From above, you can watch for cars against the road, which should be a relatively easy edge to detect.

Good luck!
Maclean G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,074 Views)
thanks for the guidance. I try to set my ROI to be one lane.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,055 Views)