LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does Error 1605 mean during LabView 6.1 installation

I try to reinstall LabVIEW 6.1 on my computer, but get a 1605 error.
The installer is unable (same error code) to install LabVIEW, Adv data analysis, app builder, CIN tools, picture control and pro tools. Other items can be installed.
I tried to remove everything and start again, but the same happens.

How can I fix this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,566 Views)
I recommend contacting NI email support. You can do this at www.ni.com/ask

Jeremy
Message 2 of 6
(2,566 Views)
Error 1605 is actually a disk space error. If disk space is not the problem here, however, the error was probably generated by a corrupted installation/uninstallation of that product in the past. Press OK to continue installating other products. After the installer finishes, browse the CD and go into the folder of the driver that failed during the installation. Run the individual installer for each driver that failed. I've found that this typically works, but let us know if this doesn't fix the problem for you.
J.R. Allen
Message 3 of 6
(2,566 Views)
Yes, I posted them a question.
The solution was to install all possible items via the installer that automatically starts, noting those with errors.
After that, it is possible to install the missing part using their own msi
=> browse the CD and look in the directories whose
names correspond to what you try to install.
=> Launch the msi located in these.
This way, the installation went well.

Thanks, and have a nice day!

Eric.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,566 Views)
OK, I see your answer now...
You are right, as I commented to Jeremy.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,566 Views)
hi Eric,
U have said to lauch the msi file. My problem is i could not really find any msi file in that folder and also i don't have any idea how to launch a msi file.

Would you please help me out. I am also getting the error 1605. I have tried copying all the files from the cd to the hard disk and running the setup from there. But it did not work.

Thank you.

Ananda
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,566 Views)