LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the files in the NI-RT/Start-up directory?

I have what I believe should be two (2) identically configured PXI chassises with PXI8145 controllers. However, the one chassis never allows me to download my application and the other one downloads and runs fine. The only difference that I can see is that within the NI-RT/start-up directory there are four (4) files and a directory that exist on the system that works and these files do not exist on the system that does not work. What are these files and can I just copy them from the other platform via ftp?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,538 Views)
I'll answer my own question in case this helps anyone else... The files according to NI tech support are junk. However more importantly the reason I wasn't able to download the application was due to lack of RAM on the 8145RT. This was caused by several drivers being loaded by the RT machine at bootup that I didn't need to have loaded. These drivers are listed in the file NI-RT.ini in the Startup directory. The line StartupDLLs= should only contain the drivers that you need. Delete all of the other entries. Hope this helps someone. -Tom
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,538 Views)