From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webcam comparison

I am using a webcam. I need to continuously compare two images captured by webcam that have 10 sec time interval between them. This means that image 1 is at time t(in sec) and image 2 is at time t+10(in sec).At every time t (of course after 10sec), the two images should be compared. If same image then I will recieve true and if different then I will false. So how can I make this image viewing after 10sec and how can I compare the images?

Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 17
(3,449 Views)

Hi shrek,

I had attached a VI.Please find it in the attachments.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,440 Views)

What exactly do you mean by comparing?I am asking this because if there are certain features that you want to compare you can alwys use a template and check for these in the acquired images.

When you have declared enough timeout (More than 10 seconds). And when you "compare" two subsequent images in a loop the vi will automatically wait till the image is acquired

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,439 Views)

I will test the vi now and see if there is time interval between them.

As for the comparison, I need to compare the whole  image. That is if there is no movement for 10sec the output value is true. If there is movement, it remains false.

I have attached a sample of my camera vi which i will be using

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,433 Views)

If there is movement, it remains false

How are you going to ensure consistency. Is there any part of the image that is sure to move along with the entire image. If yes then try concentrating there instead of whole image.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,427 Views)
Can you attach the vi for 8.0? or attach a screen shot?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,424 Views)

I attached version 8.0

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,418 Views)

I need it like a security camera. When there is movement then the alarm is on (which is false in my case) and when no movement the alarm is off (which is true in my case).

Note:I need it for something else other than security camera

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,417 Views)
ok now i get it. What is the back ground like. did you try applying laplacian filter before thresholding?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,401 Views)

It doesnt matter because I will have the exact image even the background must be the same to have a true outpuy. I just need to know how to compare images so can you please help me with that part?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,398 Views)