LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web service to control local activex application

Hi,

I am trying to control my windows media player remotely via a web service. I created a vi that will list the albums in the WMP collection. It works well when I run it into LabVIEW but does not return anything when I deploy the service (the "test" string is displayed though, so I assume the problem is in accessing the WMP not in sending data to the client). Here is the block diagram of what I made

WebServerTest.png

One thing I noticed is that if I put the 127.0.0.1 IP address in the "machine name" terminal of the "automation open" vi then the vi does not work either . Not sure if that help finding the problem but I thought I'll mention it anyway.

Any idea?

thanks,

Pierre-Yves

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,431 Views)
Hi, Please refer below given paragraph: "It's worth noting that in some cases you can just run and debug your source VI directly prior to deploying the Web service that contains it, if the VI does not functionally depend on running within the Web services runtime context. This essentially means that the Web method VI does not use the httpRequestID input terminal and any of the Web services VIs (Connectivity»Web Services palette) that require it as an input." May be it resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,399 Views)

I am not sure I understand your comment. As I said, the vi works fine if I run it in the development environment.

I also get a constant string to be displayed when the vi works as web service, so the comminication works.

The problem is that I do not get the string that the media player returns in the development environment when the vi runs as webservice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,385 Views)