From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web publishing

I have a VI that I publish to our company network.  I can access the VI and take control of the VI from my laptop. My question is:  Can I do the same accessing and taking control form any mobile devices?  I have tried an iphone and ipad, and an android phone without success (which I kind of expected).  I wonder if a Windows phone or tablet running Windows 8 RT would work?  I am just trying to give mobile access to the VI without using a full laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,117 Views)

a runtime engine is required to view remote panels which is what a webpage really is calling and the runtime engine is not available for mobile devices

I like to use tightvnc and run that on a computer that is running the vi and there are mobile vncviewers which will allow the mobile devices to view and control the app

or you can investigate the use of webservices and write an app for the mobile device

- James

Using LV 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,108 Views)

Hi hartzde,

James_R is correct that you will need a runtime engine to view remote panels. Another option you have besides using a remote login would be to use web services through Data Dashboard which is compatible with iPads. More information can be found here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14033/en

Best Regards,

Allison M. 

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,085 Views)