LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

we are ignoring the window

LabVIEW 16
When I open large projects, such lines appear in the debug file.

Successfully loaded "Loading"
we are ignoring the window(0x059864a8) passed to ICreatePixmap

The same line then occurs many times when I run the program.
What is it? Does this need to be fixed, and if so, how?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,689 Views)

S

Sounds like you have something funny going on with your "large project".  My crystal ball isn't suggesting anything, but maybe if you attached a zipped version of the Project that causes this problem (along with a description of your LabVIEW installation), we could "experiment" and try to figure this out.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,602 Views)

@Artem.SPb wrote:

LabVIEW 16
When I open large projects, such lines appear in the debug file.

What is "the debug file"?

AFAIK, LabVIEW doesn't create debug files by default. There are options to turn it on, and options to get stuff in there. But no debug file by default?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,584 Views)

AFAIK, LabVIEW doesn't create debug files by default. There are options to turn it on, and options to get stuff in there. But no debug file by default?

yes, debug file? and yes, I've enable it in LabVIEW.ini:

[LabVIEW]
createLogFile=True
DPrintfLogging=True
DPrintfToFile=True
promoteDWarnInternals=True

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,571 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

S

Sounds like you have something funny going on with your "large project".  My crystal ball isn't suggesting anything, but maybe if you attached a zipped version of the Project that causes this problem (along with a description of your LabVIEW installation), we could "experiment" and try to figure this out.

Bob Schor

I understand that crystal balls sometimes do not cope with such issues.
But I can’t publicly send the code because it’s a commercial development, and the project itself is very large to simplify it.
Moreover, all related files weigh 180 MB (in the archive 43 MB)

I checked this with several projects from our department, and similar lines appear everywhere.
But I can't reproduce this problem when opening projects from examples, or when creating new simple projects.
separately tested these hypotheses:
- actors? no
- X-control? no
- autopopulate folders? no

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,552 Views)

@Artem.SPb wrote:

yes, debug file? and yes, I've enable it in LabVIEW.ini:

[LabVIEW]
createLogFile=True
DPrintfLogging=True
DPrintfToFile=True
promoteDWarnInternals=True

So the simple solution is to turn the debugging off. You won't get messages anymore...

That debug file can report everything NI wants. Those message can be just a standard output. It could be a debug output a random programmer put there 20 years ago.

Why did you turn on the debugging anyway?

In the best case you get messages that are not documented.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,543 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Why did you turn on the debugging anyway?

My program crashes periodically.
In addition, debugging is hampered by the fact that in some places I can’t put probes, after that the LabVIEW freezes forever (at least it lasts so long that I get tired of waiting).
To search for the culprit, I turned on this log.
I think I found the culprit of the crashes (with help of this information), but not for the hangs.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,531 Views)

Your best (only?) chance is if someone from NI picks this up. Even for them it will be hard.

All I can see the error is from from Image.cpp, and used in the LabVIEW export function LabVIEW.ICreatePixmap.

LabVIEW.ICreatePixmap is used a lot, so without details about which function is called when it crashes, it's not really helpful.

Have you looked in the windows manager (ctrl+shift+w, IIRC, w\ debugkeys on)? You might (be very, very lucky and) find the referred window in the list. If you get a change to do that before the crash.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,518 Views)

BTW a crash report might help...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,514 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Have you looked in the windows manager (ctrl+shift+w, IIRC, w\ debugkeys on)? You might (be very, very lucky and) find the referred window in the list. If you get a change to do that before the crash.

I tried to find a window on the specified handlers by three programs (Microsoft.Spy, NI WIN monitor), but this is not in the lists.

I found one problem - an exception in an external dll
But the problem with freezing is elusive.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,507 Views)