LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wavelet transform scale and time information

Hi there -

I am using the wavelet transform for a non-stationary signal. I am not having trouble getting the coefficients from the transfrom but is there I way I can find the scale/frequency and time information from just the wavelet VI. I see no way I can get at this information. Also, I am pretty certain Labview uses the DWT when computing the transform but does Labview have the option to do the CWT?

The reason is because I want to plot time vs. frequency vs. amplitude and I need all three to do it properly.

Thanks for your help,

Cameron
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,840 Views)
Hi, Cameron.

This screenshot shows one DWT and one CWT VI, and you'll notice that the CWT has an output called scale info which contains the time information and the scale (frequency) information. (In addition, LabVIEW has several other wavelet VIs.)

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know. Have a nice afternoon!

Message Edited by sarahk on 08-16-2006 03:59 PM

Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,836 Views)

Hi Sarah -

Thanks for your help. That VI would be very helpful if I could find it. I swear I have Labview 8 licensed for full version (cause it says at the top right of the getting started menu) but when I search for the VI you gave me the only one I can find is the Wavelet Transform Daubechies4 and Wavelet Transform Daubechies PtbyPt, none of which will suffice. Either I am looking in the wrong place, which I doubt, or else I do not have some software package you have and I am in trouble.

So where exactly from the block diagram did you get the two VI's you showed me just to be sure I am not missing them?

Thanks,

Cameron

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,821 Views)
Hi, Cameron.

Sorry about that; I forgot to check to see if that VI is in the Base version. It turns out it's a part of the Wavelet Analysis palette that installs with the Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit. My apologies! Sorry to send you on a wild goose chase...

Have a nice weekend!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,804 Views)

HI THIS VIMAL:

I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO USE STATIONARY WAVELET TRANSFORM USING LABVIEW, PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE  THIS PROBLEM ITS URGENT!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,425 Views)

Vimal,

Please do not use all capital letters.

Is this what you were looking for? Discrete Wavelet Transform Help

All of the help files can be found on our website, and give a detailed description of the inputs and outputs of our vi's.  If you had a specific question about the Transform, maybe I could help you out, but this will provide you with plenty of information to get started.

Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,390 Views)

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to convert scale info into frequency info, once I get the scalogram which plots time vs scale, is there any way to change the scale axis by the real frequency????

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,734 Views)