LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform chart xscale.increment setting is ignored

I have USB-6009 and LabVIEW 2010, and I'm continuously recording AI using a DAQ assistant in a for loop and output the recording on a waveform chart. Simple. I need to have 9 vertical grid lines and 7 horizontal ones, and I need them to be stationary.

Timing can be adjusted by the user, but say as an example, I record continuously in chunks of 200 samples at 1kHz and want to display 2s worth of recordings. XScale.Max = XScale.Min + 2. If I set XScale.Increment = 0.2, 9 grid lines flash briefly and then are replaced with two that move with the graph, and if I display the XScale.Increment as an indicator, it shows 1s. If I change total range to 3s (Max = Min + 3), the increment sets to 2 automatically. I am certain, there is only one place in the program I intentionally set the increment.

Is there a way for me to have 9 vertical grid lines that won't move on a chart??

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,360 Views)

Take a look at the forum I have linked below it seems like a similar thing that they wanted to do.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-do-I-add-a-vertical-cursor-to-a-2-plot-xy-graph/td-p/388538

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,337 Views)

Carl,

I was not able to place cursors on my chart, and a graph does not act like a chart does. Is there any way to place 9 vertical (and 8 horizontal) grid lines that would be stationary? I did not have any problem with graphs. If the AI data acquired appears all at once, all the grid lines were placed properly. However, I need my data representation to 'flow' with 10 instances of AI recordings being displayed at any time, and I believe using a chart is the way to do that.

I attached an image of assigning the XScale. Max, and Increment. The Range stays as assigned (2s with Max being 2s larger than the Min), but the increment keeps changing to 1. I even assigned increment in all my outer and inner loops; that did not help either.

Is that a bug?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,330 Views)

I attached the VI that acquires AI continuously (if acquire button on the top is on) or for by default 2s in 10 chunks of 0.2s each. Is there a way to display 9 vertical grid lines that would be stationary? Now it shows just 2 lines with increment of 1s. Even though I set increment to 0.2 in the for loop, that value seems to be ignored after the AI starts.

I don't believe graph is suitable for my VI

I would greatly appreciate help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,299 Views)

Never, ever attach a VI that is set to run when opened. That is extremely rude and inconsiderate!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,292 Views)

My apologies. It will never happen again

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,264 Views)

This post is a correction to my previous post. The file attached here does not run when opened

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,260 Views)