LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform chart x scale

Hi rschmeling,

I have another idea to try. With your history property node, if you drag it down, you can select x-scale>>scale-fit. Then, right click the property node and change all to write. The context help tells you what to wire in with the constants. I believe you would want to wire a 2 in for the autoscaling.

The history aspect of the property node will take care of resetting your chart to begin at zero every time.

Hope this helps!

Lea D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,227 Views)

I will try that with the x scale node on monday, Im not in the office now, but will be back then.  I thought the history was supposed to set it to zero but all it does is clear the chart, it doesnt set the scale to zero. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,221 Views)

rschmeling, 

The history does set it to zero, and I believe this does clear it... are you looking to keep the data on the same graph every time you run and then just have one graph with multiple runs starting from zero?

Lea D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,215 Views)

This is set up to a conductivity detector for a chromatography system.  It is saving the file so I don't need to see the graph after I stop the run, so it just need to have the current run on there and I have set up for sweep mode, and just pull the data up and graph it in origin.

I currently do have the history data property node and tried running the VI with the property node in the sequence loop and not in the sequence loop and it does clear the chart but it does not start the x-axis at 0.  That is the part that is confusing to me.  I was under the assumption that it would set the scale to 0, but like I said I have taken classes and we were working in version 10 and Im sure there is something that needs to be done different since it is an older version. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,206 Views)

Hi rschmeling,

I've been playing around in LabVIEW 7.1 and trying to recreate the issue. I have a basic sine wave that goes to a waveform graph and a waveform chart. I'm using the property node with the xscale fit and when I run the program it's setting that axis to 0. I've attached what I'm looking at.

Lea D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,183 Views)