cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wav sound file equalizer-indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all!

I have a newbie question:) I'm stucked on a stage of designing a wav sound equalizer.

The point of my equalizer is to indicate in the form of a equalizer the magnitude of diferent frequency ranges, while you listen to it. The playback sound of the wav file and it's indication of magnitude (equalizers) must be sinhronised. for example: if you hear a bang you must also see it on the indicators at the same time.

I can't figure out how to setup a loop that would do that.

Now i get only first set of magnitude.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,277 Views)

What is the setup that you are using, there will be latency involved no matter how you connect, If the connection is direct loop back then latency will be minimum. Can you down convert the VI to 8.6 ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,267 Views)

I use labview 2010, and reading from previusly saved .wav file. No other setup.

The 8.6 vi is in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,259 Views)

Attachment is not in 8.6 format

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,257 Views)

Can someone please save the .vi in 8.6 format? Im not at my workplace anymore, and dont have access to the file for another 13h.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,247 Views)

Hope this one is right.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,243 Views)

Hi,

I looked over your VI and noticed you have the display of the magnitude values in one loop and the Play Sound outisde the loop. You do not control with data flow which one executes first.

My suggestion is to split the sound into sections and in each iteration, play one section and display the magnitudes. The length of the sections will determine how often the magnitudes are updated.

Try it out and let us know how it works!

Patricia

Message 7 of 10
(4,236 Views)

I posted this vi in a simple fashion, without loops, to not limit your ideas:)

I tried this, what you suggest patricia, but then i have the problem, that sound is not real, it is very very slow, and you cant get any help by listening to it.

I need the sound to play in real time, and the magnitude display also work in real time with the sound (maybe some ms's of delay). Like all the simple players, winamp, WMP, they all have this function, you listen to music, and observe the magnitude of it in equalizer. They dont slow down.

Is there a way, or do i need some other program for this?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author spitfir3

You have use chunks of the wav file in order to do what you want. Go to help in the toolbar. Select Find examples. Search for sound. Then locate the "\Sound File to Sound Output.vi" This will give you an idea on how to do things. Remember to save the example to your personal folder before you do any work on it.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 9 of 10
(4,227 Views)

Ok, with the help of sound file to sound output.vi and my first vi I have managed to do what i want, and it works perfectly.

I'm posting my solution below.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,220 Views)