LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanted info on how to use labview to get values from spectrum analyzer???

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

i am new member and i am doing one project that i have to see the performance of DSl cable(of differnt lenght eg 100m, 200 m) on spectrum analyzer and its values like graph, power, BW should be get in excel sheet. I have spectrum analyzer of Rohde and Schwarz company, i am using Agilent 82357B GPIB interface.... So anyone can help me how to start. I have connected GPIB to spectrum and its drivers on computer....

Thanks in advance

Pallavi 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,332 Views)

Hey,

If you are lucky, then there is an instrument driver available for the Rhode&Schwarz Analyzer which you can use in LabVIEW.

If not, then you will have to study the manual and programm every single command which needs to be sent to the Analyzer and to gather the data for LabVIEW....and this is a lot of work.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,328 Views)
What spectrum analyzer do you use?
Message 3 of 10
(3,325 Views)
I am using Spectrum analyzer from rohde and schwarz FSP 9khz-3ghz 1164.4391.03. and i want to read values like power, BW directly to excel sheet...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,318 Views)

@ christian can i get your mail id so i can mail u directly and discuss the things... 

Thanks so much....

Pallavi 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,313 Views)
R&S is providing a "read trace example" which uses the RsSpecAn instrument driver (also in LabVIEW available). I recommend you to use this example as starting point for your development. Furthermore I recommend you to have a look into the R&S application note 1MA153. If you need further help, please contact the R&S customer support.
Message Edited by juergenstraub on 09-24-2009 11:17 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,309 Views)

thanks a lot.... will try and let u know...

Pallavi 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,297 Views)

Hey Pallavi,

According to what Juergen wrote it seems that you where lucky Smiley Wink

I can only agree to what he wrote and suggest to follow his advice!

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,287 Views)

It's unforunate that you chose to use an Agilent GPIB controller instead of an NI one but you should be able to get that to work. at the very least, you need to enable tulip support. There may be some other things you need. Search the forum for references to the controller you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,238 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sim5

@Dennis Knutson

i didnt chose it was given to me.... and i have to work using it only..... no option....  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,212 Views)