LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voltage ramp up and down

Hy,

I want to create a ramp. The signal should increase continual from 0. This is the preset for a analog output. The speed of a motor will go down. If the speed is 0 the signal should decrease from the present value to 0. Of course the speed of the motor will then increase again. I hope you can help me.

Thanks Pascal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,892 Views)
If you don't know how to create an array that does this, then just use the Ramp Pattern function. It's on the Signal Processing>Signal Generation palette. The functions palette has a search button. This works pretty well.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,890 Views)
Of course I can use an array. Am I right that I must must have for this an fixed point of return? But the value is every time different when speed of the motor is 0 because I have different motors. For Example the first time the ramp must go until 3, the next time until 3,5 and then till 5.

I tried it with the ramp pattern function and the case structur but I have some problems (When n>0 than increase, when n<0 than decrease). But when I compare the speed (if n<=0 than TRUE) it is only for a short time TRUE. Is there an possibility to set an value TRUE when I get an short impulse TRUE from the comparison?

Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,883 Views)
You don't have to use an array but that is the most convenient way to provide a ramp output from a DAQ board. If you want, you can use a single point analog output in a while loop. Pick the increment you want and with each iteration, add or subtract the increment from the previous value. The previous value would be contained in a shift register that would be initialized to zero. With each iteration, compare the existing value to the stop point in order to halt the while loop.
Message 4 of 5
(5,876 Views)
Hi Dennis,
my question is that how to control ramping time (Dwell) as using ramp pattern vi?
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,783 Views)