LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual instrument output generation

I belive this is a relatively simple thing to do, but am not familar with crating and using virtual instruments.

I have set up a virtual instrument for an DAQ 6040E in order to crate a program to build an application and port to another system.

The device is created and recognized by Lab View, but I don't know how to create a signal from the virtual card in order to get data and see if the program is actually doing what it is meant to.

Thank you for your help

Alfonso
A. Lopez
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,492 Views)
You just use the DAQ Assistant or DAQmx Read as you would if the actual hardware were there. You don't have any options as to the simulated signal though. It is always a full-scale sine wave of 10 Hz. Multiple channels have a slight phase offset. If you need to evaluate a more complex signal, then you will have to write the code yourself with the various waveform generation functions and use them instead of the DAQ functions.
Message 2 of 5
(2,490 Views)
OK,

So, the analog input and output of the simulated device should be giving me a 10Hz sine wave?  Thanks for clarifying
A. Lopez
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,485 Views)
The analog output of your simulated device won't put out anything because there is no hardware there to output from. If you do a DAQmx Write, all that the simulator mode will do is not generate an error because of missing hardware.
Message 4 of 5
(2,480 Views)

Thanks,

You were very helpful.

Alfonso

A. Lopez
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,476 Views)