From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video

Hi...how do i record a video using Kinect xbox 360?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,786 Views)

In what way is this a LabVIEW related question? Please explain in more detail.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,774 Views)

i am suppose to start recording a video when certain conditions are met.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,769 Views)

i am actually suppose to record the process of maid abusing infants immediately after it has detects the abuse. I have already programmed how the kinect will detect the abuse...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,735 Views)

One way:

You could adapt this code https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3587

Instead of using the imaq camera use how ever the kinect handles images (I don't use the kinect so I can't help).

You could trigger the code with the same boolean you use with your abuse LED, and then use your frame rate and a timed loop or something to build the AVI for however long you want to record.

One thing to note though. If you still have the LED delay on, make sure it's not going to delay the recording of your video.

The best way? No idea.

Another way to possible make it look nicer, keep a buffer of frames so you have a few leading up to the abuse at the same time, thus capturing the abuse too rather than just what happens after it.

Message 5 of 8
(2,691 Views)

i still don't know how to wire it to the abuse led. Anyway, did i do it correctly? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,683 Views)

i forgotten to insert the attachment...sorry

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,677 Views)

You haven't connected the kinect to the image avi writing at all, and you've got an imaq camera in there you aren't using, so no, you haven't done what you want to.

The method I suggested to modify would have built the avi frame by frame until you had captured enough.

If the kinect library has its own video VIs why don't you have a look at their documentation to see what they say about using them?

I don't use the kinect so I can't help with the specifics.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,594 Views)