LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video to 2d array

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to implement video to 2d array. The vi is included for the reference but I am having problem with the conversion. The 2d array shows only garbage value and not the real converted value. Can anybody please look at the code and guide me how to fix this issue.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,130 Views)

Don't embed VIs from the LabVIEW Examples into your code.  Instead, copy the code that you need from the examples into your code.

Do you know how to read an Image from an AVI File?  AVI2 Open, AVI2 Get Info, AVI2 Read Frame.  You now have an Image.  Use ImageToArray to create a 2D array of Pixels.  You need to know something about the nature of the Image, as the ImageToArray function returns four different Pixel representations (U8, U16, I16, and Dbl).

Try writing a clean, tiny VI that has the half-a-dozen IMAQ/LabVIEW functions you need to do this.  Try doing simple things first, get them working, then build around them.

If you want to creatively use the LabVIEW Examples, copy one to your desktop, take it apart, play with the pieces, and put it together again to make it do what you want it to do, throwing away the other stuff.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,123 Views)

Hello Bob,

I tried Image to array before but it does not work for me and instead gives me error invalid image Error -1074396080. That's why I am trying another way.

Kindly guide me how to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,105 Views)

Hello Bob,

I am attaching a code in which i am using image to array and you can see yourself it gives error message "Error -1074396080". Can you guide m e how to fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author josephkirmani

Hello Bob

I am able to solve the problem. The vi is attached for your reference. It generates 2D array output. 

Message 5 of 6
(3,065 Views)

hi,

i downloaded the vi but i couldnt downloaded it completely thereby not functioning and showing errors. can you send me the code in my e mail as i need it for my project on video transmission and conversion. i have attached the picture copy of  the downloaded  VI block diagram showing a VI is missing. i have no doubt that the code will work for me. my e mail is busy08_tee@yahoo.com.

regards.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,854 Views)