LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video cut and combine

Solved!
Go to solution

How to cut and combine an .avi file......? Let say a video file containing frame 0 to 100, frame 40 to 60 are unnecessary.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,493 Views)
I don't think this is possible. The only way I know to do it is to read the images from one AVI file and write the ones you want to a new AVI file.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,445 Views)

This thread has some details but some of the links are outdated. Find if it is useful and post back.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,438 Views)

AVI File format is a container file format. You can have different encoded content in it. You need an appropriate codec to decode the content. If the content is compressed it is in principle done in the following way

- Save a full image

- Save changes to the full image several times

- start from beginning

As human eye is more sensitive to intensity changes than to color changes the color information needs lower frame rate than the intensity information.

Thus the codecs are rather complicated and you cannot cut the AVI file at any position without decompressing it.

E. g. virtual dub can "Remove segments of a video clip and save the rest, without recompressing." I think it can be controlled by a command line interface.

Message 4 of 7
(3,428 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hito88
I found a simple way to do it by using in range and coerce function (input for frame number that i want), IMAQ AVI write frame and case structure. If the frame is equal to the input, then it will save that particular frame. Thx for the help.
Message Edited by hito88 on 08-21-2009 02:18 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,373 Views)

Hi hito88,

can you please post the vi you programmed. your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,206 Views)

Can you upload this VI 

Thanks in advace