LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very high sampling rate for measuring acoustic emission

hi

please i need help with labview code for an experiment. I am new to the software and I have invested  time and effort to develping a code that will acquire acoustic emission data at the rate of 2M samples per second. unfortunately the latest code i develped gives negative time reading and time jumps on the saved data.after some time e.g 0.0000005 to 0.9999999 can be postive and sequential but suddenly the next reading shows -2.0000005 on the saved time column and the negative time reading keeps consistent. I use PCI 6110 card and my ultimate goal is to acquire the data points (amplitude and time) and save them sequentially. I also wish to design the codes such that it can acquire a certain number of samples for each pass e.g 60million sampls in total  , queue them according to the order of acquisition  and saves them accordinly without time jumps and and negative time values.I also observed that I dont experience this problem when I use very low sampling rates so i added a buffer but that hasnt solved the problem either. I have attached the codes in the post for assistance. thanks            

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,674 Views)

Hello Gness,

Please provide more information about your application. What do you have connected to the PCI? Is it a cDAQ? Using which cards are you acquiring the signal? 

Regards,

Regards,
Daniel M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,610 Views)