From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

version distribute vi

I did some VIs in LV 5.1 (the only licensed version we own) as a proof of concept, and they work great!

I just installed the 8.6 Eval version, and I can't open them ("version too old" error). I want to open them in some intermediate version and re-save them so I can open them in newer versions, but I want to choose the "right" version to resave them under so that they are most widely usable by my customer base.

Is there a versioning table somewhere that shows what versions of LV read/break which file format versions? e.g. I don't want to bring them all the way forward to 8.6 if that means people with 8.2 can't read them, but I don't want to leave them at 7.0 if that still keeps them incompatible with 8.6.

Once I decide on a version, I will still need some help doing the actual conversion, because I only have 5.1 and 8.6 Eval Smiley Very Happy

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,106 Views)
whoops! I mangled the thread title. Please read/reply to [url=http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=396646]the appropriately-titled thread instead.[/URL]
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,103 Views)