From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

version conflict while targeting a vi to RT engine

When i  am targeting a vi to Labview RT engine the message "Version Conflicts between Host Labview and RT engines" is coming.

I am using a CFP-2100 and want to run a vi on it. (No PC should be connected with it)

After targetting how will i execute it on CFP? is it automatically executable?

Please reply me

--Alok Trivedi

Pune
-AL☼K
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,584 Views)
What version of labview are you using on the pc and what version runs on rt.
I guess that the installed rt is still 7.1 and the host has 8.0

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,573 Views)
Thanx for replying me so soon.

I am still stucked with the problem.

I have Labview 7.0 installed on my computer and where i am making a vi which is to b loaded into CFP - 2100.
Here are other versions i am using.....

Field point VI manager 3.1.0
Field point Drivers 5.1.0
Data socket for Labview Real Time 4.2
Labview Real Time 7.1
NI-Irda RT 1.0.1
NI-Serial RT 2.5.4
NI-VISA 3.2
NI-Watchdog 2.1.2

When i switch the execution target to RT engine for remote device and enter the machine IP address it shows me "Version Conflict while targeting a VI to RT engine".

I talked to Rahul about this and he well told me how to repair version conflicts between Host machine and RT engine. I went to remote machine and by right clicking on "software" installed all the versions to remote machine according to the host machine.

the interesting thing is here it's not showing any version mismatch all the versions shown above are same as the host machine......but whenever i try to target the execution to RT engine it shows the version conflict.

now what all questionis running in my mind are :

1. Why the version conflict is occuring?

2. If I get succeed to targeting the execution of vi onto RT engine how would i install it to CFP, if i just copy and paste it via FTP how will it know what vi is to run? i think we'r missing some way to "install" the vi into CFP.

3 What is "RT Communication wizard for".......why it makes 3 other vi's....

4. what are the total ways to run a vi onto CFP

Waiting for your reply...

thanks again

-Alok Trivedi
Pune

-AL☼K
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,561 Views)
Hi Albert,

Still waiting for reply.....

Kindly give a little bit of attention please..

thanking you

Alok Trivedi
-AL☼K
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,554 Views)

Alok,

The links below give more information on the questions you asked.

Using the LabVIEW Real-Time Communication Wizard: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/A6F17EE4ADCAB99686256D5E0053E210

LabVIEW Real-Time Module User Manual:  http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/B24A54B2411CF9FC86256E40005C0673

If

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,542 Views)

Adding more on to my previous incomplete post...

I suggest that you format your cFP controller from MAX by right clicking on it under 'remote systems' and install all the software over again on the controller. This should take care of the version conflict.

Once you pass your vi through the communication wizard, you  would have to create an executable of the Normal Priority Loop vi and then FTP it over onto the controller. You can set this exe to be a start up exe and every time you reboot your cFP, the exe gets executed. The links below talk more about the Application builder used to create the exe.

LabVIEW Application Builder User Guide <http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/1309D7070FE5137C86256B5D00799A44>

List of tutorials and example programs about developing and deploying applications: <http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/F91E5E2E84F8EDEB86256D2C0065460D>

Regards,
Prashanth

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,533 Views)

sorry for keeping you waiting but I had a good weekend (easter)

Did you find a solution in the pages Prashant showed to you?

I can try later this night again.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,536 Views)

Hi Albert,

links given by prshanth are quite useful, i came to know about the internal communication between the cfp and the host.Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Formatting the CFP is the best ideaRobot tongue......it helped me a lot....actually it removed some of the confusions....but focused the problem which is still hereSmiley Sad

look i have the Labview 7.0 installed in my computer but how it has the RT version 7.1, (the CD of RT engine has also the version 7.0)..this is the reason i think it shows version conflict....

and when i try to update the CFP softwares according to Host machine......it shows both having 7.1...this is obvious...so now the query becomes why the labview having such version conflicts on host machine itself...\

Is this a correct reason or  i am wrong somewhere? I just need to target my vi on CFP such that i will use it wihout any PC connected to it.

thanx again...

--Alok Trivedi

Pune

-AL☼K
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,510 Views)

Hi

maybe you have both versions on your host, Check if next to lv7.0 also lv7.1 is available !

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,499 Views)