From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vehicle speed detection

I want to send myRIO along with gps in an vehicle and display the speed information of the vehicle in a remote system web browser.I have now used my phone's WiFi and had published the front panel of the VI in the same system web  browser.When I deployed my VI as a standalone application,only the pps signal blinks in myRIO and there was no updated values in myRIO.When myRIO is used as a standalone application,will the front panel values be changed or not?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,171 Views)

The myRIO application won't have a front panel. The device has no screen. What you see when developing, is a debugging interface to the application running on the myRIO.

You should be able to publish the front panel, but you need to add it yourself. Something like this.

Message 2 of 7
(3,144 Views)

I had done all these steps already.I had done the standalone application for bounce LED.Once the procedure is done,the LED bounces in the myRIO.But I am unable to control the VI in the system.When I tried to run,I got an indication stating that the operation can be done only if the real time application is aborted.Please suggest me some idea such that I want to make myRIO as standalone application and the VI must also be updated in the system.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,106 Views)

I think you're trying to mix two techniques. 

Running a RT Target VI from the project requires the running VI to be stopped. The way to use this is to develop the VI and run it. It runs on the RT target, but as a developer it's like it's running on the host. So you can place probes and such.

The remote access is totally different. You need to connect to the running VI though a web page or remote connection panel.

I think you run the VI on the RT target, and then expect the VI to start from the host as well.

It looks to me something like this is happening, but it's hard to know for sure through text as medium.

Message 4 of 7
(3,099 Views)

I have successfully debugged the data and I am now getting the front panel of the program running within myRIO.Now is it possible to publish this VI in a web browser?Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,054 Views)

@riah1920 wrote:

I have successfully debugged the data and I am now getting the front panel of the program running within myRIO.Now is it possible to publish this VI in a web browser?Smiley Sad

Yes. But I don't have any cRIO's so I can't help out much.

This might be too old to be correct.

Message 6 of 7
(3,039 Views)

Thankyou for your kind reply.... I will work on it...Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,025 Views)