LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant to data: Need info regarding type of data

Hello,
What I want to do is very basic. I will acquire the image using CCD camera. The
image is a raw data type: 2D array of type long (4 bytes per element) or integer (2 bytes per element). I can save the image even as .tiff file. Using Variant To Data, I am converting the image so that labview can handle it (I am not sure whether I really need this) before I write that data to some file and save it. I have to define data type for Variant To Data. I tried to define the data type. However, I am confused. Would anybody give me some suggestion?

Thanks a lot,
Dushyant
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,202 Views)
Hrm, you'll need to be more specific about your actual question in order for us to give you a good answer, but, without more information, I'd say you should just define the type as a 2-d array of either longs or words. (i.e. get an array constant, place a numeric constant inside of it, right click the numeric constant, and select Representation->Long or Representation->Word then wire the constant to the Type input of the Variant to Data).

If you're dealing with variants, I'd guess you are probably calling an ActiveX control or server to communicate with your camera?

Regards,
Ryan K.
Message 2 of 2
(2,178 Views)