LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable scale for daq signal

I hope this is not painfully simple to most of the people on this forum but I have an application where I set up a test bench to do testing on a component that have varying reponse piece-to-piece. For example, one component might have a voltage of 0.6 to 3.75 for the desired range while another can be 0.5 to 3.9.

Being a noobie, I heavily rely on DAQ Assist and this is not an option (user-input slope, etc.)  Do you know the best way to go about this?   I looked at creating a virtual channel through daqmx but it seems that it will only take a predefined scale you set up as opposed to allowing the user to define that scale.

Please help!

Thanks

KM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,587 Views)

You seem to be mixing up some terms. It seems you are talking about range of the signal that you are measuring and not the scaling.

If it really is the range, then based on your example, you probably don't need to change anything. When you provide the range values, what you are telling the DAQmx driver is what actual range of the daq device to use to best measure the signal. For example, if the device has actual ranges of +/- .1V, +/- 1V, +/- 5V, and +/- 10V, then it will use the +/- 5V range as the best fit for the signal you anticipate. So, in your example, the actual range used by the DAQ device is going to be the same. You can check the manual for the DAQ device to see what ranges are supported. If you actually do need to switch ranges, then the best thing to do is use the lower level DAQmx functions. The DAQmc Create Channel has inputs for min and max.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,578 Views)

I am having a realted problem.  I would like to continuously vary the amplitude of my analog output. 

The examples in Labview 9 continously vary the frequency by using the DAQmx timing property node.  I am having difficulty, however, using a similar approach with the amplitude or using some sort of scaling property node.  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,429 Views)

--I'll try using spell check--- 

I am having a related problem.  I would like to continuously vary the amplitude of my analog output. 

The examples in Labview 9 continuously vary the frequency by using the DAQmx timing property node.  I am having difficulty, however, using a similar approach with the amplitude or using some sort of scaling property node.  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,428 Views)
No, your question is not really related to the original thread and I don't quite understand comment about the examples using the timing property to vary the frequency of the signal. If you look at the example called Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk-Non Regeneration, you will see that the frequency, amplitude, and waveform type are variable with the waveform generated by the function generator VI. If it's a dc signal that you want to generate, then just look at Gen Voltage Update.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,396 Views)