LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable frequency driver control by analog voltage output

Hi sobansair,

kindly send me your vi to generate analogue output voltage signal to run vfd at certain speed.

Who is "you" you are asking for a VI?

Why don't you use one of those DAQmx example VIs you can find in the example finder?

Which VI are you interested in?

That image in message #8 is actually a snippet: you can easily create a VI from it. (Read the announcements in the header of the LabVIEW board to learn about that!)

Edit:

Please stick with just one thread. Create your own thread if neccessary. And posting its email address in public boards is screaming for SPAM…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 11 of 21
(981 Views)

sir, i am newcomer and learning about labview and data acquisition.

i am using parker and abb vfd drives to control motor speed. In vfd i am using pid application macro for feedback.

to give vfd analoge process setpoint input . i have to generate analogue voltage.

i need help to convert rpm setpoint into analogue signal. i have ni cdaq 9174 and ao modules.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(971 Views)

Hi sobansair,

i need help to convert rpm setpoint into analogue signal.

Most often this is very simple math!

Which voltage range does your VFD expect for its analogue input and which speed range is associated to that voltage range?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(967 Views)

rpm range 0-3000

voltage range 0-10v

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(962 Views)

Hi sobansair,

so what is the math behind those numbers? It's pretty easy!

(The process is called "scaling".)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(954 Views)

1volt =300rpm

but how to use in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(956 Views)

@sobansair wrote:

1volt =300rpm

but how to use in labview.

So V = RPMset / 300.  You do know how to use the Divide function, right?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 17 of 21
(943 Views)

Hi,

As it was told by GerdW previously, the better way to do it to study example VIs releated to hardware analog generation signals. My code was complex and it may not be suitable for your application. 

Best regards.

Egemen
Message 18 of 21
(933 Views)

hi i am new to learn labview.

i have developed a vi for feedback control for motor.

when do it run  program to count only rpm of motor via incremental encoder it does work well

when do i give setpoint analogue voltage output signal to vfd AI 0-10v it does work well.

but when i use PID for feedback as shown in attached file.The pid vi icon doesn't pass signal to analogue output daqass which in reply doesn't start motor. 

anyone can help me in this regard or share his vi?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(929 Views)

i have developed a vi for feedback control for motor.

when do it run  program to count only rpm of motor via incremental encoder it does work well

when do i give setpoint analogue voltage output signal to vfd AI 0-10v it does work well.

but when i use PID for feedback as shown in attached file.The pid vi icon doesn't pass signal to analogue output daqass which in reply doesn't start motor. 

anyone can help me in this regard or share his vi?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(908 Views)