From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vI file does not respond labview

Hello.
When I open a running VI file it opens but when I run it it shows no respond then "falls" and closes.
At first it was only from LABVIEW 32 BIT and not from LABVIEW 64 BIT.
Now this happens in some of the files in LABVIEW 32 bit. For example: 2 different functions based on the same driver, one "falling" and one not.
It's been a few days like this and happened suddenly.
What could have happened? What should be checked?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,976 Views)

Hi yael,

@yael1994 wrote:

When I open a running VI file it opens but when I run it it shows no respond then "falls" and closes.

It's been a few days like this and happened suddenly.
What could have happened? What should be checked?

Thanks in advance for any help.

So you made something wrong in your VI. Or something happened to your computer ( aka "updates")...

What kind of help do you expect with so little information? You even forgot to attach the VI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,958 Views)

I would love to understand what could be wrong since it happened suddenly.

I've made updates but it keeps happening.

I'd happy if you say what information is missing to help, and I'd happy to give it.

Best regards and thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,934 Views)

@yael1994 wrote:

I'd happy if you say what information is missing to help, and I'd happy to give it.

Best regards and thanks

GerdW already told you that including your code would be a good start on information. Are you using version control? What changed prior to seeing this problem? Can you revert to a working version and then perhaps ask for help in making the changes that you need to make?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,918 Views)

There are at least three possible sources of your problem, which have three different responses.  Unfortunately, you haven't provided enough data for us to help you narrow it down.  Here they are, along with possible steps you could take:

1. Something about your VI (or VIs) is seriously messed up.  We haven't seen your VIs (you failed to attach them -- we need to see the actual VIs, not pictures of them), so we cannot independently test them for you, and if you are doing something "improper", we cannot advise you of this.  Solution -- attach your VI or VIs.
  2. You have a faulty installation of LabVIEW.  You failed to tell us anything about your LabVIEW installation (except it includes both 32-bit and 64-bit installations).  Solution -- remove all National Instruments Software (there are safe ways of doing this that you can probably find by doing a Web search, or searching on this Forum) and then do a careful re-installation of LabVIEW (again, the Forum and the Web will describe how to do this to maximize the chances of success).
  3. You have a faulty installation of Windows.  It does sometimes happen (particularly after an "agressive" removal of NI Software -- I've done it to myself twice, I regret to say) that Windows is damaged.  The solution is to backup what you can, make notes of what you have installed, gather Installation Disks and Software Keys/Licenses, reformat the C: drive (do a thorough format), and rebuild your system.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,909 Views)