From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using the KonicaMinolta SDK

Hello,

I would like to interface with a colorimeter KonicaMinolta CL-500. I got an SDK from the manufacturer, and used the dll import wizard to generate glue code. The basic operations run OK. But the measurement function uses as argument an union whose biggest member is an structure with an array of 420 real. I constructed manually such a cluster; with a few data of padding. After the dll call, I use "disassemble cluster" to get the 420 data, and construct an array of them. When I launch the program under LabView 2009, at the first pass, the colorimetric values are exported OK, and the plot of the array is similar to the graph produced by the manufacturer own program. But after that, relaunching the program or closing LabView result in a program failure. When restarting LabView, I got the "restore" screen, showing that the previous project was not closed correctly. Using probe on the output cluster shows that the padded data are not modified after the dll call.

How can I debug this issue ? The dll interface use the "C" mode, does it have something to do with alignment ?

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,150 Views)

You will have to at least post your VIs you have problems with and the documentation and C header prototype of the functions. Your description is similar to explaining to a mechanician that your car doesn't work anymore and if he could please tell you what is wrong without him even looking at the car.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,130 Views)