LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using max to set NI 9265 default value

I have an NI 9265 analog output module in a cDAQ 9172 chassis. Currently the module defaults to 20mA output whenever it or the computer is restarted. This is really bad for the valve that it is attached to. I would like to reset the default to 4mA. Is there a way to do this via DAQmx. I have tried to access the "properties" for the NI 9265 in DAQmx but the selection is grayed out and I have not been able to find anyway to access them. I'm new to DAQmx so I don't even know if the device properties is what I'm looking for but it seemed a good place to start. I don't have a problem controlling the device once my labview application is running it is just on power up that I have a problem. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks,

Rick
Message 1 of 6
(3,195 Views)

Hi Mordeye,

From the specification the expected behavior is a power-on output current of 0.0 mA. It seems like it was an issue present in previous versions of DAQmx drivers but it has been fix in the new release. What I would suggest is to download DAQmx 8.6.f12, where this issue has been addressed.

I hope it helps

Jaime Hoffiz
National Instruments
Product Expert
Message 2 of 6
(3,171 Views)

Hello, I have the exaact same problem that Mordeye reported back in 2007 where the analog outputs from the NI-9265 default to 20 ma.

I am using it with LabVIEW 8.5 and Windows XP and I am wondering if any new way of fixing the problem is available now.

Thanks. 

Pablo.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,956 Views)

What's wrong with the fix mentioned? Upgrade your version of DAQmx.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 06-09-2009 07:57 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,939 Views)

The link to " DAQmx 8.6.f12," leads nowhere!

Also, the file "DAQmx 8.6.12f" (posted in another knowledge base article) does not seem to exist but there are some other possible upgrades from 2007.  I will like to know which is the upgrade that will work with LabVIEW 8.5 so I do not have to upgrade the entire LabVIEW package.  Can you provide the name of the file to download?

Pablo.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,929 Views)

Okay, I see the issue now. You could have said the link is broken in the first place.

The latest driver is 8.9. You can find all drivers by clicking the 'Support' link at the top of the page.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,926 Views)