LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using digital input to start a digital output

Hi

can anyone point me in the right direction to an example.

i have two pieces of euipment that i wan to control using labview. the first starts its task using a digital pulse (single pulse from a boolian button) when done it finishes and sends a pulse back to labview. i want to use this pulse to trigger another process in labview (it turns on a lamp)

i think i should use the DAQmx trigger VI but im not sure how and cant find a suitable example.

thanks

dom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,965 Views)

It's all in the way you set up the trigger.  You must choose a method for triggering.  If using PXI, you can set up the trigger on the PXI backplane.  Otherwise, you must set it up for external triggering and wire the lines together.  An example is to set up the triggering device to export the trigger signal (there is an export signal function in DAQmx).  You choose where to export the trigger.  Then set up the triggered device to accept an external trigger.  You can choose which line to have as the incoming trigger.  A common trigger line is a PFI line.  You can have one device export the trigger signal to PFI-1 and have the other device to accept a trigger on PFI-2, then wire PFI-1 from the first device to PFI-2 on the second device.  The PFI lines must be configured as output and input respectively.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,956 Views)