From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using condor engineering busapi.dll with lv 6.1

hi all
im trying to control a condor 1553 pci card using this dll, busapi32.dll.

my question is this, when i load the dll using the call library function node i get the full list of functions on the dropdown, but when i select one e.g. BusTools_BC_Init the function prototype is as follows: void BusTools_BC_Init(void).

However the function itself actually includes the following parameters  
BT_INT BusTools_BC_Init (BT_UINT wCardnum, BT_UINT wChannel,
BT_U32BIT dwIntEnable, BT_U16BIT wRetry,
BT_UINT wTimeout1, BT_UINT wTimeout2,
BT_U32BIT dFrame, BT_UINT num_buffers);

would i be right in saying that if i added these parameters so that i got the following function prototype:

void BusTools_BC_Init(long wCardnum, long wchannel, unsigned long dwIntEnable, unsigned short int wRetry, long wTimeout1, long wTimeout2, unsigned long dFrame, long wCardnum);

this would then work?

many thanks in advance (as i sometimes forget afterwards)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,250 Views)
You'd probably be close to having it work if it didn't. But did you know they make a LabVIEW LLB? Made it a LOT easier for me with my QPC-1553 card. I was up and running in no time.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,239 Views)
costs money though

they dont like that here
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,232 Views)
Return type for BC_Init is a long...the remaining arguments are unsigned long with the exception of wRetry which is unsigned short.

BTW: The cost for the LabVIEW driver was peanuts compared to the $9000 for the card. Besides, you'll spend a lot more in labor doing it the other way. That's always a convincing argument to management.

Message Edited by Bill@NGC on 07-31-2007 10:55 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,230 Views)

Hey Slugger,

Did you ever get this to work? I got the API/dll and was thinking of doing the same thing you did, but want to see if that's going to pay off.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,924 Views)