From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using cRIO chassis slots for general-purpose

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

i have cRIO 9004 and cRIO 9103 chassis, labview 2011...

as i know, cRIO chassis controls its slots if there present any module or not.. if detect anyone, read EEPROM and so on..

but how can i control cRIO chassis slots for my own general-purpose without any module...

when i create projects, it just shows me as chassis I/O

* chassis Temperature

* FPGA LED

* Scan Clock

* Sleep

* system reset

i couldn't write anything from chassis slots and see on oscilloscope screen, (for example: using as analog or digital output) ... 

Davut..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,324 Views)

Well that's because you can't do that without use of "custom development kit"

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/es/nid/14548

Every slot isn't standard i/o, these manage certain bus of national intrument, and if you try use then will have to create a circuit and program a driver. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,318 Views)

thanks for your reply

in fact i have...

-module development kit 2.0

-compactRIO module support 4.0.1

-NIRIO 4.0

i know which pins i can use for DIO or etc.. 

the point is, i haven't thought that it is not possible without hardware.. i read the manuals but couldn't create all structure in my mind..

So, as i understand from your message, i have some programs but it s not possible to controlling chassis slots without hardware.. am i right?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by davut

Try to follow the steps like you will create a new module. Like in this example, but jumping the circuit part.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7868

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,302 Views)