LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using a lap top pc and a scxi1000 chassis with a 1324 module how do i get a vi that will operate 16 different digital outputs at different times for different lengths of time. if this is something anyone has done please help me

Hi Crap,

You must be using SCXI-1160 or SCXI-1161 with terminal block of SCXI-1324. You might want to get started looking at SCXI-1160/1161 examples that ship with NIDAQ 6.9.0.

In labview you can browse the examples...look for Data Acquisition->SCXI and browser to SCXI-1161 or SCXI-1161 examples.
Turning something ON and OFF for some period of time is the matter of sending decimal/binary pattren that represent the state of 16 relays on the module.
hope this helps,

A Rafiq
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,263 Views)
What kind of precision to you require in the timing relationship of the digital outputs.
if the timing is not critical and can stand a fair amount of jitter, you would write a simple schedule routine that would constantly look at the time and the desired states of the outputs at that time and control the bits. If your timing is more critical than that, I would suggest a different approach to the problem.
Stu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,263 Views)