LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using USB 6009 DAQ reading 2 analog input and display the two graphs in a single waveform graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there!

I am doing a test to measure the thrust produced by the propeller on a brushless motor. I have the set up with strain gauge attached to a aluminium beam and the beam is clamp down at one side. The other side sits the motor. 

My problem is that I would like to get the transient response graph when the speed of the motor changes and also the button state (unit step graph) which is used to start the motor, to see when i press the button and from that stage how will the transient response graph from the strain gauge voltage output look like.

The output from the strain gauge voltage reading will be connected to Ai0 of the USB 6009 DAQ and the button will be connected to Ai2 of the DAQ.

I would like to get the unit step graph and the transient response graph together in real time, in the same waveform graph window. Is there any way I could do this as simple as possible, as I am not familiar with Labview and I would have to get the graphs within a day?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,210 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Annabelle

I believe the "Voltage - Continuous Input" example should be what you are looking for. To select multiple AI channels, on the drop-down, choose Browse, and hold the Ctrl key to select multiple channels.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,182 Views)

Annabelle,

I agree that the "Voltage - Continuous Input" (found by Help, Find Examples, Hardware I/O, DAQmx, Analog Input) has the bits and pieces that you need.  This Example Code is "super-charged" for any DAQmx device, and has capabilities that the USB-6009 lacks.  There have been many posts on this Forum of new LabVIEW Users showing this example and saying "Why doesn't it work?", and the answer usually is "Because you didn't study the properties of your Hardware Device".

Before using the Example, plug your USB-6009 into your PC and run MAX (it will likely start running as soon as NI's Device Manager recognizes the 6009, assuming you've correctly installed its drivers).  Familiarize yourself with its setup, including Selecting Channels, Setting Voltage Ranges, Setting Sampling Modes, Rates, and Sample Sizes.  Also look at the Timing and Triggering tabs -- you will probably be using the defaults, but you should "know the possibilities".

When you open the Example, the first thing you should do is to go to the "Save As" File choice and save it in your LabVIEW Documents folder using a name of your own choosing.  Next, change its Icon so it no longer says "Example" (you don't have to be fancy -- you can remove the old Icon, put in a large empty Square, and put 2-3 lines of text, "Acquire Data" or something).  You've now started making this your code.  Note that it is designed for maximum run-time flexibility, which you don't need and don't want.  Start replacing Controls with Constants, and eliminate sections of code (like possibly Triggering) that you are not going to use.  Simpler is Better (and Easier to Debug).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,174 Views)