From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using Labview to test Serial Interface Valve Manifolds

Hello,

I am fairly new to Labview and have been given a task to assemble a test stand that will test various Serial Interface protocol Valve Manifolds (Pneumatic).   To my knowledge I see two directions for this test.   One would be to purchase RS Logic Rack and all of the protocal Interfaces or use Labview.   Since I am more familiar with Labview, this would be ideal.   I now need to know where to start and what hardware I will need to accomplish this.   The protocols we need to test are:  ControlNet, Device Net, Remote I/O, Profibus, EtherNet/IP, Asi, Compobus-S, CC-Link and if possible MelsecNet/Mini-S3, CanOpen and Sysbus.   The test stand will only need to test one valve manifold at a time so the user would simply select the p/n of the manifold and the program would then select which protocal is required (this is the easy part).   Then test just the I/O.   So, the question is can Labview be used?   What hardware and Software will be required?  We have Labview 8.2.  

I have attached our SI brochure for reference.

Also, I am sorry in advance if this is the wrong board.

I would appreciate any feedback.

thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,334 Views)