LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user login system

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm building a simple user login system with the following desired functionality.

Main vi called Login.vi (attached below) offers the user the chance to login to a previously created account by entering their username and password or alternatively the user can create a new account which will ask them to enter a number of details, name, age, height etc.

If the user has an existing account and wants to access this account, the program flow goes to Validate.vi when Login boolean is true which authenticates their entered username and password.

Else the user creates a new account when "I'm New" boolean is true, then program flow should go to add user.vi (attached below). Here lies my problem... I'm not sure how to close Login.vi front panel when "I'm New" boolean is true and hence open add user.vi front panel.

I'm convinced the solution is simple enough so I'm sure someone with more experience can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Strokes 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(10,460 Views)

I've attached the final two sub vi's that are part of my main vi entitled Login.vi which is attached above.

Strokes

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(10,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Strokes

Hey,

I'm assuming that you will be using this system as part of of a larger system. It will be harder to first pop up the login VI and then pop up the other vis also. I attached a VI of how you could structure it so that you get your desired functionaility but still have the ability to expand the main program.

Hope this helps.

Rkll

Message 3 of 3
(10,429 Views)