LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

used license

I would like to pruchase a used license for LabView 8.6 or greater. Is this allowed by NI? Where can I find a used copy of LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,012 Views)

A license transfer is just a form away.  Your local NI rep can lead you through the process.

Finding one online may be harder... Try Craig's list or any other second-hand online seller.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,007 Views)

Thanks for the information. Are you aware of any second hand delears? I can not find anyone saleing licenses on craigslist or ebay.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,993 Views)

The company I work for is looking for a data acquisition sytem, and Labview certainly looks attractive for this.  But, the price for even the basic version is much too steep for us to consider at this time.  I have seen used licenses listed in various places. But, I want to make sure I am purchasing a legal copy.  And of course, it needs to be a disk that I can install from, if any on-line registration is needed to get it running

Is there a way to do this through National Instruments?

-Joe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,923 Views)

You should contact your local sales representative for more information regarding the sale of LabVIEW and previous versions.

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,872 Views)
If the company cannot afford LabVIEW, can it afford the hardware you need?

In any case, there is also SignalExpress for Data acquisition without any programming.
Message 6 of 8
(2,864 Views)

I actually have located a very low cost data aquisition package that starts at only $30 for their 4 channel version

http://www.dataq.com/products/startkit/di145.html

It does NOT have a driver for LabView, [Edit - I originally omitted the NOT]

what attracts me to consider Labview. is that I won't have to re-learn another proram when we upgrade in the future. I hope for us to upgrade our system once our proof of concept gives the confidence for investors to provide more funding. 

I just looked at the Signal Express, but I am not clear about the pricing.  There seems to be the Signal Express LE version, which is free. And the full version is around $1,000.  Am I correct that the LE version is free for commercial use or is it just a demo version, that can only be used for evaluation?

-Joe

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,826 Views)

Hello cadcoke5,

SignalExpress LE is free for commercial use, but does have a reduced feature set as per this document:

http://www.ni.com/labview/signalexpress/purchasing-options.htm

As noted there, a SignalExpress (normal) license is also included in most LabVIEW licenses.  As mentioned by others, I'd get in touch with your area's NI rep as they'll definitely know what all of your options are with regards to NI hardware and software (current and also long-term/scaling your system). If you're in the Americas I believe you should be able to find your rep's contact information here:

http://www.ni.com/domestic_sales/usa.htm

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,802 Views)