From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use sub-vi

Hello
i'm doing a menu with a main vi and some subvi. When i use a subvi alone it works perfectly but when i call it by the main vi it's ready to run but don't run. I think that i have to change something in the properties of the vi or other maybe. When i put a while loop in the subvi it run but it doesn't work as i want.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,073 Views)

click on sub VI, in drop down menu>>sub VI node set up>>Selecct 'show front panel when called' and ' close afterwards if originally opened'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,069 Views)

It is also depending on what your subvi supposed to do

Is it a subvi to be opened when it is called?

Is it a subvi to be run at background (performing some sorts of functions) when it is called?

Describe it and upload your subvi here... someone here would be able to have a look.

Cheers!

Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,060 Views)
My subvi is supposed to read a measure file Labview,send by email the graph and post the actual time. The reading and sending run when one press a button.
When the subvi is called it have to run and one must able to return to the main vi by a button.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,056 Views)
Where or how do you pass the information to fill in the info for the sub-vi(s)?
Message 5 of 9
(3,045 Views)
i don't understand your question.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,033 Views)
In order for your subVIs to actually do anything, you have to set the front panel Booleans to True and you have no way to do that from the calling VI. You actually need to wire front panel controls to the connector pane and then you can set a value in the main VI. If you want your subVI's front panel to pop-up when called, you need to add a while loop in the subVI and set the VI Properties to display the front panel. Go to VI Properties>Window appearance>Customize. At the very least, you would set Show front panel when called and Close afterwards if originally closed.
Message 7 of 9
(3,031 Views)

Thanks Dennis 🙂

Message 8 of 9
(3,022 Views)
yes, thank you. So i'm obliged to put a loop while but now i can't any more read the measure files as many time as I want. I have an error of met end of file.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,016 Views)