LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use labview for DCS control

Hi,

I am working at a chemical pilot plant. I am trying to use the labview to build the DCS system with several computers (say 4).  Like conventional DSC (DeltaV or Experion), I would like work on one graphics/HMI, and be able to download to multiple computers.

Can the labview have same function? download the same VI to multiple computers to realize the DSC functions?  

1. for example, when I make change to graphics, we can download the change to all computers.

2. for example, when the control variable changes in one computer, the other computers will sync the change too.

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,070 Views)

Are you trying to build the whole DCS system?

From your questions, it looks like you are a beginner at LabVIEW.

LabVIEW has DCS module - https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview-datalogging-and-superv...

Worth looking into it.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,049 Views)
Just to clarify a bit that, LabVIEW has DSC (Datalogging & Supervisory Control) module. This DSC Module is quite helpful to develop DCS (Distributed Control System) as well as the SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) on the Control room and Server
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(992 Views)