LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use front panel unbundle by name

Solved!
Go to solution

nyc: Sorry I wasn't clear. 8 clusters of 8-30 front panel numeric controls each. Is there a way you're talking about that wouldn't require a case for each element of the cluster?

nathand: Thanks for your input. After further thought, I agree with your analysis. I'm going to move ahead with the "best bet is an enumeration on the front panel, wired to a case structure somewhere in the backend that pulls out the right cluster element.  It's a bit of work but expresses the goal clearly in the code, and allows you to limit which parameters can be changed." It will be a bit of work, but does seem to be the most transparent code and least likely to introduce bugs. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(287 Views)

@ajolson wrote:

nyc: Sorry I wasn't clear. 8 clusters of 8-30 front panel numeric controls each. Is there a way you're talking about that wouldn't require a case for each element of the cluster?

To be honest, now that I have re-read your original post, I am even more confused by what you are trying to do with regards to "iterating" through the numeric controls by a set amount.

Anyway, you seem to have found a solution, so that is a moot point.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(279 Views)