LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb camera: different the size of the image (by default)

Hello all
I have LV and any differents type of the USB cameras
When I run different WEB cameras without LV : the size of the image (by default) is 640*480 , 960*720...
When I run LV with different WEB cameras,  I have only the size of the image (by default) 320*240.
How can I have in the LV the size of the image (by default) is 640*480 , 960*720...?
Rerards
Iskander

Message Edited by Iskander on 05-22-2008 01:15 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,816 Views)

Hi Iskander,

There is no reason your camera should only have a limited resolution in LabVIEW.  It is most likely some setting in the camera.  I would suggest trying the IMAQ for USB express VI.  You can set this to whatever resolution you would like.  See if that works for you.

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,792 Views)

Hi Adam H
Thanks for the answer

My camera has resolution to 2Mpix

I want to control the WEB camera without launch the menu.

May be can I control the WEB camera via registr of the Windows?

Regards

Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,767 Views)

Hi Iskander,

I am not sure what you mean when you say without launching the menu.  Do you mean the menu for the express VI?   If this is the case then you could program it your self instead of using the express VI.  This would keep you from having to use this dialog.  However this should only pop up while you are programming not at run time.   Do you mean a window that pops up from the camera its self?  If this is the case I won’t be as much help as I am not familiar with the camera you have.  I was able to find an option in a web camera I have here to suppress the window from popping up.  You could try and find something like that on your camera. 

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,747 Views)
 Hi Adam H
Thanks for attention
Please explain me
I have WEB camera Logitech PRO 9000 with resolution 2 Mpix
I have book about LV7.0. There is exersize, how I can control the WEB camera via registr Windows, in the book.
Help me How can I do this?
Best regards
Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,720 Views)

Hi Iskander,

I have never heard of controlling a camera through the registry in LabVIEW or any other software.  Do you think you could give a little more of an explanation of where you are finding this.  For example what the book is you have or where you found the exercise.  I have taken a look at the specs for you camera and as far as I can tell it is not DirectShow compliant.  The IMAQ for USB driver only works with cameras that are DirectShow compliant.  So that could also be your problem. 

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,692 Views)