LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-6501 no supported devices found

Hello all..

I got a new USB-6501, installed the DAQmx software, I can see the device under "measurement & automation explorer", but when i try using either signalexpress or labview, it does not see any physical device (channel view: no devices avaliable; or no supported devices found under supported physical channels). I'm simply inputing 7 DC volatages ranging from 3 to 5v, need to measure them, make sure they are there and somehow write a VB script or some other code to prompt a user the voltages are present.

Is there anyway to allow signalexpess or labview to see this as a physical device?

Any clarification would be deeply appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,317 Views)
What version of DAQmx and LabVIEW? What sort of task did you try and create?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,312 Views)

NI-DAQmx 9.7.5.

Labview 8.5

SignalExpress 2013

Just let the PC see the device, opened it with Labvirew, and used data aquisition assist.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,302 Views)

DAQmx 9.7.5 only supports LabVIEW back to 2010.  If you want to still work with 8.5, then you need to uninstall DAQmx and install DAQmx 9.3.  But no guarantees your DAQ module was supported with that module, and I doubt that it will work with your newer version of Signal Express.  I would recommend upgrading your LabVIEW to 2013.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,293 Views)
And when I asked about task type, I was asking whether you chose digital input, analog input, etc. Whether or not you used the assistant is not that important. Crossrulz gave you the solution.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,286 Views)

I have also installed DAQmx that came with my new USB-6501 on a new PC, no Labview. Used MAX that was just installed, sees the 6501, but  when trying to use Create Task, it can't see any physical device. Nor does it see it using Signal Express. According to the NI webpage, I can use USB 6501 "right out of the box" using SignalExpress for instance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,274 Views)
And why can't you provide the necessary details? We are not mind readers capable of knowing the DAQmx or os version. And you still have not said what sort of task you are trying to create.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,265 Views)

Hi Dennis, since you guys are brilliant with all this, I assumed mind reading was a given! 🙂

Sorry for the lack of details.

Here goes:

I opened my big mouth saying it would be easy to use a device to measure 7 voltages coming from the side connector of two-way radios.

Once the production line operator puts the radio into a contraption, turns on the radio, cables coming out of it will go into a brand new USB-6501.

The idea is to read these voltage (analog input) and somehow write a simple code that can read them, compare them and tell the operator: good radio, bad radio.

Anyway, installed DAQmx from the box, and SignalExpress.

NI website said I could use the USB-6501 right out of the box.

But when I try MAX or SignalExpress, I cannot make these platforms see the device.

MAX identifies it, but when I try Creat Task: no physical device found.

Same happens with SignalExpress when trying to run DAQmx assistant: aquire signal, daqmx aquire, analog input, voltages (no supported devices found).

Weird thing is that MAX does see it under Devices and Interfaces.

Same thing happens when I go to a machine that runs LabView.

I knew I should have listened to my mom and taken Medicine!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,258 Views)
You don't see any supported devices since the 6501 has 0 analog inputs. It is digital only.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,255 Views)

OK, I guess I will try to find some other way. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,250 Views)